By The GNP Team – January 6, 2018
Homegrown Filipino fastfood Binalot has recently opened 2 more outlets in the United Arab Emirates.
The 2nd UAE branch of Binalot opened in Deira City Centre, the busiest mall in Dubai where most Filipinos frequent. The latest one is the Little Manila Abu Dhabi branch at Al Roumi Building, Fatima Bint Mubarak Street, Al Dhafrah (across Burjeel Hospital).
Binalot President Rommel Juan visited Abu Dhabi for the grand opening which was graced by Ambassador Constancio Vingno, Jr.
“We are very happy with the opening of Binalot Abu Dhabi because it is sure to be the destination of choice for Filipinos in Abu Dhabi,” said Juan in a media release sent to GoodNewsPilipinas.
Binalot Fiesta Foods initially entered the Middle East market by granting a franchise to the Al Ahli Group, a large Dubai-based conglomerate.
The partnership flourished into creating the largest All Filipino Food Court in Dubai called Little Manila.
Little Manila boasted of 1000 square meter dining space with 10 Filipino brands to choose from.
Little Manila quickly became the “in” place to dine among the Filipino communities in Dubai where big crowds can commune, feel at home and enjoy Filipino food. It became the cure for homesickness for the Filipinos in Dubai.
Binalot is the flagship brand of Little Manila, serving its famous All Time Pinoyvorites like Adobo, Tapa, Sinigang and Bistek. It now even offers boodle fights for groups of 10 to 20 people.
(The Philippine Star) | Updated December 18, 2017 – 12:00am
MANILA, Philippines — Homegrown fastfood chain Binalot Fiesta Foods Inc. continues its expansion abroad with the opening of two new outlets in the United Arab Emirates.
Binalot president Rommel Juan said the company opened branches in Deira City Centre, a mall in Dubai frequently visited by many Filipinos, as well as in a Filipino-themed food court called Little Manila in Abu Dhabi.
“We are very happy with the opening of Binalot Abu Dhabi because it is sure to be the destination of choice for Filipinos in Abu Dhabi,” Juan said.
“We look forward to more store openings of Binalot with the Al Ahli Group. But right now, we will work hard to serve the Filipinos in our UAE branches in order to give them the best tasting and best quality Filipino food possible,” he added.
Binalot entered the Middle East market by granting a franchise to Dubai-based conglomerate Al Ahli Group.
Its first outlet in the UAE is located at the Little Manila Dubai branch.
“Little Manila quickly became the in place to dine among the Filipino communities in Dubai where big crowds can commune, feel at home and enjoy Filipino food. It became the cure for homesickness for the Filipinos in Dubai,” Juan said.
According to Juan, Filipinos account for about 30 percent of the workforce in Dubai, while in the entire UAE, there are around one million Filipino workers.
He said a study commissioned by the Al Ahli Group found that 80 percent of Filipinos in the UAE eat out, a proof that their spending power has increased.
“Binalot will be following the Filipino community around the world as it promotes Filipino family values of dining together even in these busy times when all time left for get-togethers will be over food,” Juan said.
Armando O. Bartolome
MANILA – For those who are thinking of franchising a business, here’s a guide to get you started.
Most entrepreneurs consider franchising because they feel this would somehow give them an edge versus starting from scratch.
• You know that any kind of business could be risky. Are you prepared to put your own money at risk? It will help you decide if you are ready for that bold move.
• As franchisees, there are rules that you need to observe. You should be amenable to the franchise agreement. Otherwise, you will get yourself in trouble.
• Do this simple math: assets – liabilities = net worth. Some franchisors may have a specific net worth requirement.
• Instead of just choosing from available franchise opportunities, consider your skills and capabilities.
• Any earnings-related questions may not be easily disclosed by your franchisor representative. Ask from current franchisees.
• Having a franchise business may have been playing in your mind for months, but be sure that you create a business plan. This will be helpful in case you apply for a loan.
BENEFITS OF FRANCHISING
Having a franchise business may give you several good points.
• Sticking with a well-known brand gives you an edge.
• The franchisor should be able to provide you with the necessary knowledge on how to get started.
• You will not worry about the equipment to be used in the business because these come with the agreed franchising fee.
• Buying supplies from the franchisor is less expensive.
• With the backing of a franchisor, it will be easier for you to get financing.
• The franchisor will provide support on marketing and advertising, though at a cost.
• If you have started your own business, your return of investment may take about between five to seven years. But with an established brand, the company’s projection is anytime between two to three years.
• Franchisors provide seminars and training for franchisees.
• Franchisees need not be burdened on coming up with new products or innovations.
• Franchisors have a team that can help provide the best locations possible.
• Just in case a franchisee decides to discontinue the business after the contract, it will be easier for the franchisee to sell it back to the franchisor.
For questions and more information, you may contact Armando “Butz” Bartolome by email: email@example.com or on Twitter https://twitter.com/philfranguru. His website is www.gmb.com.ph
1. The Mabusog at Manalo Christmas Raffle Promo will run from October 5 to December 31, 2017. Deadline of submission of entries is until 7:00 pm on December 31, 2017.
2. For a minimum single receipt purchase of P300, customer will be entitled to one raffle coupon for a chance to win any of the following prizes:
1st Prize: One (1) Foldable E-Bike Forged 170 C-12 Y
2nd Prize: One (1) 32” (81.28 cm) Hisense 32D52 LED TV
3rd Prize: One (1) Oppo Smartphone A37F
Customer must fill up the raffle coupon with the following details:
· Complete Name
· Home Address
· Contact Number/s
· Email Address
Raffle coupons must be placed in the drop box located at the counter area of each participating branch.
3. The raffle draw will be held at Binalot Fiesta Foods Inc. (BFFI) Head Office at 3686 BUJ Building, Sun
Valley Drive, Parañaque City on January 12, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
4. Participant may only win once.
5. Prizes can be transferred but are not convertible to cash.
6. Winners shall be notified by telephone and registered mail.
7. Winners have sixty (60) days from receipt of notification to claim their prizes; otherwise, prizes will be
forfeited in favor of Binalot Fiesta Foods Inc. (BFFI) with prior DTI approval.
8. Claiming of prizes will be held at Binalot – AMAIA Bicutan Branch, G/F, Aria A, AMAIA Steps Bicutan,
West Service Road corner Sun Valley Drive, Parañaque City. Winners must present two (2) valid
government-issued IDs, the registered mail from BFFI and the winning raffle coupon to claim the
prize. If a representative will claim the prize, he must present an authorization letter from the winner,
two (2) valid government- issued IDs and the registered mail from BFFI.
9. Winners authorize BFFI to publish their names, photos and other particulars determined by BFFI to
any person/s and in any mode or manner as BFFI may deem appropriate.
10.Employees and family members of Binalot Fiesta Foods, Inc., Binalot franchisees and their respective
11.Winners will be announced via the Website and Facebook Page of BFFI.